What is a Sender ID or Sender Number?
What is a Sender ID?
A 'Sender ID' is the 'from' name/number that shows on the recipients phone when they receive the SMS.
Does ClickSend allow customising the Sender ID?
Yes we allow full sender ID (from number/name) customisation provided that the networks support it. You can view specific restrictions for each country here: Country specific restrictions
- Australia - allows full sender ID customisation with no pre-registration.
- USA/Canada - you can only set a ClickSend purchased number as the sender ID. You can't use an alphanumeric sender. If you don't have a ClickSend number, just choose the 'shared number' option or leave 'from' blank if using the API.
What are the options for a Sender ID?
It can be numeric e.g. "+61411111111" or alphanumeric e.g. "MyCompany". If you're using an alphanumeric sender ID, the user won't be able to reply. When sending an SMS through our platform, we give you a few options:
- A shared number (default) - we assign a number to the outgoing SMS so the user can reply. You can setup rules for incoming SMS, anything is possible.
- Your mobile number - replies will be sent to you as an SMS. Replies will be sent to your mobile number and will not show on the account dashboard
- Your business name - e.g. "MyCompany" The reciever can't reply. 11 characters maximum with no spaces.
- Your dedicated number - you can purchase a ClickSend dedicated number. You can setup rules for incoming SMS, anything is possible.