Send SMS with Google Sheets
Easily and quickly send SMS notifications, reminders, alerts, invitations - anything directly from Google Sheets. Get the free add-on here.
This article will guide you how to use the SMS add-on in Google Sheets:
How to Install the ClickSend SMS Google Sheets Add-On
- Install the add-on from Google Workspace Marketplace to your Google Sheets account.
- Click 'Allow' to consent to permissions.
Send SMS from Google Sheets
- Open a Google Sheet from your Google Drive and look for
Extensions / Add onsin the menu bar. Open
ClickSend SMS - Sheetsand click the
- You will be then required to add your ClickSend API credentials to connect.- 'username' is the username you use in ClickSend
- 'api_key' is the API key found in the ClickSend dashboard here.
Save to connect.
- To start sending, compose your message. To save time, the most recent sent message will be saved by default.
Pick up the phone numbers you want to send SMS to and click
- The add-on calculates the cost depending how long your message and what countries you are sending to.
If you want to change your selection of phone numbers, reselect cells and click the
refresh / updatebutton to pick them up and re-calculate cost.
You can choose to schedule when your message is to be sent. Or select
Send Nowto send immediately.
- Click 'Confirm Send SMS' when done.You will be see a confirmed status, showing that your SMS has been sent.You can monitor your sent messages in the SMS History.
Send another SMSto send new batch of messages.
Sender Number Settings
- Under the Extension
Settingsyou can update Sender Number to use for sending messages.
Here's how to go to
- Sender Number is a text input field. It means it allows alphanumeric not exceeding 11 characters without space. Also it acts as a dropdown to fetch the dedicated numbers you have purchased on your ClickSend account.
That's it! Now you can send individual or bulk text messages from Google Sheets.
Sign Out of ClickSend SMS
Sign out when you want to log off the add-on. This can also be found in
Reconnecting ClickSend account is done under
There's a google limitation on which you can only install the add-on on a single account only. If you would like to install the ClickSend Add-On to multiple accounts within a single browser, try one of the following solutions:
- Log out of all your Google Accounts and only log in to the one that has the add-on.
- Open an incognito window in Google Chrome, or an equivalent private browsing window, and log in to the Google Account that has the add-on. More info
Not able to send SMS successfully? Kindly check the following:
- Check your connection. It should be using your ClickSend's username and API key.
- No balance on the account. To check and top up, visit our Billing page here.
- Can I send messages from Business name?
- Yes except on the countries we do not support. Find here which countries we support sending business name with.
- We can only support 11 character business name without space.
- How to add business name as the sender of my messages?
- You'd go to Extensions > ClickSend SMS Sheets > Settings > type in your 11 character business name in From Sender Field
- Do you support replies?
- Yes we do for our shared and dedicated numbers except for Business name and personal phone number.
- Get initial inbound messages with dedicated numbers. You may purchase from here.
- Where can I monitor replies?
- On ClickSend dashboard. You'd go to SMS > and then History.
- Do you support merge tags / placeholders?
- Not at the moment. Visit our feedback page and log your support on this feature.
- Do you support links?
- Yes, you can add links to the message body.