How do I import contacts?
How to Import Your Contacts
- Log into the dashboard
- Click on the ‘Contacts’ menu
- Add a new contact list
- Click on the new contact list
- Click on ‘Start adding new contacts’ and follow the steps.
- There is an example template that you can use. It doesn't have to be in a specific format - the columns can be in any order.
- After importing, you can send a message to all or individual contacts.
Need to add more contacts to a list after? That's fine. Simply click on the blue plus symbol box next to the contact list name and upload either individual contacts or contact lists.
1) have the number in full international format (with country code) e.g. 614xxxxxxxx / 1555xxxxxxx / 44xxxxxxxxx
2) use local number format (e.g. 04xxxxxxxx) and we'll try to convert the number based on your accounts' default country code here: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/#/sms/settings/default-country-code
3) add a column to the spreadsheet with the 2 character country code for each contact e.g. ‘US’ and we will use that to convert the number. Make sure you choose the 'country' column when importing the contact list.