Can we shorten a URL automatically?
Yes you can do this using our SMS campaigns system.
To do this:
1. Create a new SMS campaign on the dashboard here: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/#/sms/campaigns
2. Fill out all the fields as normal, then click on 'Add Short URL' and enter the long URL you want to shorten.
3. We will automatically add a placeholder in the message 'smsg.io/xxxxx'. This will be replaced with a unique, random short url for each recipient when sending the message.
4. Send the SMS campaign as normal.
When the recipient clicks on the URL, we record details such as:
- Which contacts clicked it.
- How many times they clicked it.
- When did they click it.
- What country and city are they from?
- Which device type are they using (desktop, Android, iPhone etc). Bot is unknown.
- Which web browser they're using (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox etc).
You can view this information by clicking on 'Links Opened' under SMS Campaigns.