How to send an SMS Campaign
Follow these steps to start sending out SMS campaigns. Make sure you have recharged your account with enough credit here: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/#/account/billing-recharge/top-up-account
- Upload your contact list here: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/lists. Uploading your contacts can have as little as just a mobile number, or additional fields, ie First Name, Last Name, custom field.
- Once uploaded, you can start creating your SMS campaign here: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/#/sms/campaigns
- Add New Campaign
- Campaign Name - This is for your reference only
- To - Select the contact list you would like to send to
- From - This is what will appear on the handset. Check country specific and features here: https://help.clicksend.com/category/mfdctha7f0-country-specific-features-and-restrictions
- A Shared Number (Default) - we assign a number to the outgoing SMS so the user can reply. You can setup rules for incoming SMS, anything is possible.
- Your Mobile Number - replies will be sent to you as an SMS. Replies will be sent to your mobile number and will not show on the account dashboard
- Your Business name - e.g. "MyCompany" The reciever can't reply. 11 characters maximum with no spaces.
- Your Dedicated number - you can purchase a ClickSend dedicated number. You can setup rules for incoming SMS, anything is possible.
- Message - Write your message content here. You may use the placeholders to personalise the message. 1 standard SMS is 160 characters. You can keep note of your character count below the box. More information on character count can be seen here: https://help.clicksend.com/article/h474eseq3a-how-many-characters-can-i-send-in-an-sms
- Link - You can use our short URL link if you would like to track if your link was clicked. Note - you do not have to use this. More information this can be found here: https://help.clicksend.com/article/wluq0xv78o-can-we-shorten-a-url-automatically
- Are you sending marketing messages? - Make sure you include an opt-out. Depending on your 'from' option you will need to ensure you select the right option. Note - you will need to allow for this in your message count.
- If sending from 'Shared Number' you can use both options
- If sending from 'Your mobile number' we can only handle opt-outs if using the 'unsubscribe link' otherwise you will need to handle this manually
- If sending from 'Your business name' you can only use 'unsubscribe link'
- If sending from 'Your dedicated number' you can use both options
- Send now or schedule for later. If scheduling your message, more information on how to schedule can be seen here.
- Confirmation - Confirm how many recipients you are sending to and the total cost for the campaign.
- Press SEND!
Your campaign will now be sent!