Zapier - Send a personalized letter campaign
To send automated personalized letters, you'll need Zapier and ClickSend accounts.
You can use ClickSend mail merge to automate sending personalized letters around the world.
In this article we will show you how to integrate the ClickSend Letter Campaign app with your favorite applications so you can send personalised letters to your customers.
Let's get started.
- In Zapier, choose the trigger that your require.
- Add an action. Look for ClickSend Letter Campaign and select Send Letter Campaign event.
- Connect your ClickSend account by adding your credentials. Find your API credentials here.
- Configure the action by filling up the required fields.Note: You will be asked to select a contact list to send your personalised letters to. Upload your bulk contacts in one go here if you haven't.
- Paste your
docxurl. Your docx url must be in public. To personalise your mail, use merge field format <<anytext>>. Find here an example of a mail that used merge field format.
We can support up to 50 merge fields in a single letter but we're limited to these list of placeholders.Supported URLS: We accept docx files from google doc, google drive and dropbox. See detailed guide here.
- By default, your letter will be printed gray and in duplex. Change this by changing the customization options.
- Select a Return Address for your mail.Note: Return Address is required. If you haven't added a return address, you may create one here.
- Continue and test your zap. A successful return is an indication of a correct configuration. Now enable your zap and have it run automated for every trigger event.
Google Doc / Google Drive
- The document must be in
- Update the accessibility to Public (anyone with a link).
- Copy the File ID from the doc URL.
- Use the format URL:
DRIVE_FILE_IDwith the ID you copied. It should look like this
You can finally use paste to add the URL to the Zapier action.
- As with Google Drive and Doc, the document must be in
- Update accessibility to Public (anyone with link)
- Copy the URL and update the dl to 1 value.
Example from dl=0 to dl=1.
dlstands for Download. Enabling it by update the value to 1 will allow the Zapier to download the document from Dropbox. An example of updated dl url below:
- You can finally use this dropbox URL on Zapier action.
Zap templates ready to use
Something not working? Please check the following:
- Check your connection. You should use your ClickSend's username and API key instead of password.
- You have no credit balance on your ClickSend account. To check and top up, visit our Billing page here.
- Where can we monitor statuses of our sent mails/ letters?
- Please see our Letter history page.
- Where can we see list of our campaigns?
- You'll be able to find it here on our Letter Campaign page.
- How much letters I can send?
- You can send up to a maximum of 20,000 contacts per campaign.
- Can I cancel my campaign?
- You can cancel 1 hour after sending. You are not able to cancel it anymore if you try after 1 hour. You may cancel your campaigns here.