How to send Post when there is a new or updated row in Google Sheets
- Create a spreadsheet that has a name and is shared to public so it can be fetched during the Zap.
- Create a return address within ClickSends dashboard https://dashboard.clicksend.com/#/post/settings/return-addresses
- Your postcard/letter should be in URL format and pasted in the spreadsheet or column header. See here for details on how to create the URL file.
- Go to Zapier, we want to use Google Sheets as the action, ClickSend will be the trigger. Below is the sample image including the trigger and action we want to achieve – then click ‘Use Zap’ button.
- You will be redirected to another page where you will need to complete the fields. Login your Google account and click Continue.
- Select which spreadsheet, worksheet and column you want to trigger. Below you see our test trigger is the First Name column. Any changes or updates on this column will trigger the Zap. If you leave this blank, any changes within the row will trigger the Zap so we recommended you put a specific column. Then click Continue.
- You will need to add your ClickSend account. Your username and API key credentials are found here: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/#/account/subaccount After adding, you may click Continue.
- Match the headers from the spreadsheet to the fields like the sample below.
- In the Postcard field, pull the column header where the URL is pasted in the spreadsheet. We advise to add one URL at a time only as we can only send one file per time. When you are done matching fields, you may click Continue.
That's it, your Zap is ready to use!