Send SMS with Google Calendar
Dramatically reduce no-shows with our ClickSend SMS add-on in Google Calendar. Get the free add-on here.
This article will guide you how to use the SMS add-on in Google Calendar:
- Install the add-on to your Google Calendar account.
- Allow permissions to proceed on installation.
- Find our logo at the right sidebar and click to expand a panel. You will be then required to add your ClickSend API credentials to connect.- 'username' is the username you use in ClickSend
- 'api_key' is the API key found in the ClickSend dashboard: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/#/account/subaccount
Save to connect.
- To start sending, compose your message and you can optionally save it by default for next time. This is to have less time composing when you set up another reminder.
To save a default message and other values. Click Save at the bottom and a pop up notification appears confirming it has been saved.
- Create an event. You can attach phone numbers in the description or in the title of the event. The phone number will be fetched automatically to the
Tofield. If you happen to put phone numbers both in description and title, add-on will prioritise to fetch the phone number from the description.It allows local number (Eg. 0411111111) as long as you have a correct default country code on your account. If sending outside the country code, use international number (Eg. +61411111111).
Save to create.
- Click on the event. Default message and other values are editable. When satisfied, click Set Reminder.
- Scheduled and sent reminders are to be monitored in the ClickSend dashboard history. If an SMS is not sent yet, you can cancel the reminder either on the history or on the Calendar.
When setting up reminders, you may notice they change color. Below represents what they meant:
Blue - no set up reminder
Red - already has a set up reminder
Purple - reminder has been cancelled. You can manually set up a reminder again to it.
Other way to schedule SMS in the Google Calendar
ClickSend SMS Add-on also supports months and days view.
With ClickSend SMS, you can catch up with you customers and reduce no shows on your business.