- Both one-way and two-way messaging is allowed.
- Alpha tags require pre-registration - please reach out to our 24/7 chat team for further information
- Non registered and numeric long code sender ID's will be replaced with a generic short code.
- Both shared and dedicated short codes are available and is required for two-way messaging.
- Both transactional and promotional content is allowed.
Regulations and Best Practices
The SMS traffic is heavily regulated by the operators in Brazil. Spamming or messages with political, religious, gambling and sexual content are not allowed and are subject to fines and/or service termination
Required. Any form of opt-in is allowed by the operators (web, call center, MO, etc.). The content provider should be able to demonstrate proof of opt-in in the event of an operator audit or a user complaint
Required. The content provider is responsible for opting out the users from their database
End User Support/HELP message:
Programs should support a HELP message as a best practice
Allowed sending time for marketing programs:
Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm, and Saturday from 9am – 1pm (GMT -3) .
It is not allowed to send promotional/marketing content during Brazil public holidays. See list of Brazil public holidays here: https://www.officeholidays.com/countries/brazil/index.php