Emails going to spam?
There are a few reasons that your emails can end up in someones spam/junk folder. Here are a few things to check first:
- Test how spammy your emails are using this free tool: https://www.mail-tester.com/
- Have you updated your email SPF records? You will need to do this even if you already have an SPF record, see our details here.
- Have a read through our blog post on staying out of the spam folder and avoiding unappealing content here.
- Are you sending from a business email? Most email servers will send marketing campaigns straight to spam if not.
If your emails are still ending up in the spam folder, we will need to look at the full email header of an email that has ended up as spam.
- Find the full email header of an example email. To do this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/29436
- When you have the full email header of an example email, run it through the Message Header Tool here: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/messageheader/
- If SPF fails, follow steps here.
- If DKIM fails, contact our support. Please send the full email header.
- If DMARC fails, update your DNS records for DMARC. The record should be changed to:
If you don't have a DNS record for DMARC, add one following the steps here.