Adalo - SMS Verification by ClickSend
With Adalo + ClickSend integration, you can send verification codes through SMS to verify signups of your users.
This help article will guide you through steps on how to setup ClickSend's SMS verification on your mobile/web app in Adalo.
- You need ClickSend API credentials to connect to Adalo. Create a ClickSend account here.
- If you do not have yet an Adalo account, you may create one here.
When inside Adalo's workspace, go to Add component > Marketplace > look for SMS Verification by ClickSend and install.
Authenticate the SMS component by adding your ClickSend credentials. Go to API Credentials and fill in username and key.
- 'username' is the username you use in ClickSend
- 'api_key' is the API key found in the ClickSend dashboard: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/#/account/subaccount
The SMS Component is Flexible and you can customise and style it as per your requirement.
Go to Verification menu > Message body. To automatically generate an OTP on messages, include %otp% merge placeholder on the body of message.
When user enters their phone number and click get OTP button, they get to receive an OTP. You can customise this button based on your requirement. Additionally, if the user has provided their phone number previously and is saved on the database record, you can grab the phone number directly using Magic Text.
Users can also change their phone number if they have entered incorrectly.
Not able to send SMS successfully? Kindly check the following:
- Check your connection. It should be using your ClickSend's username and API key not password.
- No balance on the account. To check and top up, visit our Billing page here.
- Can I send messages from Business name?
-Yes except on the countries we do not support. Find here which countries we support sending business name with.
-We can only support 11 character business name without space.
- How to add business name as the sender of my messages?
-Go to API Credentials > enable Change Sender ID.