How to Send SMS When a Workflow is Triggered in Zoho CRM
You can now send a custom SMS when a workflow is triggered using webhooks. This article will guide you through the steps on how to setup SMS automation using webhooks. You can customise these webhooks to interact with specific modules. Workflow Rules will be able to use these webhooks as actions.
- On your CRM, go to Settings > Workflow Rules
- Create a rule
- In creating a rule, you will be asked what module will be correlated with. On our example below, we chose 'Contacts' and added name and description. Then proceed to 'Next'
- Now let's build the workflow. You can choose when will you want to execute and which contact would you want to apply this rule to. On our Example below, we chose 'On a record action' and to 'All Contacts'.
Proceed Done and add 'Webhook' as the 'Instant Actions'.
- Let's create the webhook. You will need to put the Send SMS URL from Http API V2 on the 'URL to Notify'. You can find the URL on the document here: https://developers.clicksend.com/docs/http/v2/#send-an-sms
Use Post Method and add URL parameters. On our example below, I entered 'to' as this what our http api recognises to send the SMS, 'Contacts' as the Type and 'Mobile' as the Value.
- Let's add 3 custom parameters. Add username, key and message.
- 'username' is the username you use in ClickSend
- 'key' is the API key found in the ClickSend dashboard: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/#/account/subaccount
- 'message' can only support 100 characters. The Parameter Value field in Zoho CRM can only support 100 characters maximum. If you want to send longer messages, kindly use ClickSend SMS to send messages to selected contacts and leads.
- Be sure to save the webhook.
New added webhooks are automatically saved on the list of your webhooks so you can pull them anytime when you create / edit a workflow.
And that's it! Now an automated SMS will execute when the workflow rule is triggered.