OutSystems - Send SMS Globally
Add SMS functionality to your OutSystems applications with ClickSend.
- You need ClickSend API credentials to connect to OutSystems. Create a ClickSend account here.
- If you do not have yet an OutSystems account yet, open one here and get the Service studio.
The ClickSend Demo shows how to send SMS on the front end. When inside Service Studio, go to Forge and search for ClickSend. You can either install the demo and add your customisation based on your requirement using studio. Or click 'Try now' button and experience sending SMS right away.
Send SMS with Demo
You'll need to add your ClickSend credentials to authorize. Get your credentials here and start sending your messages straight away.
If you are an OutSystems developer, you can can create an app and configure SMS component as per your requirement in the Service Studio. To add SMS functionality on your app, you'd go to Forge > ClickSend > Install and Send SMS component will be added to your current logged in environment.
Configure SMS on Service Studio
To send successful SMS messages, the component asks for required values. These are username, api key, recipient number and message body.
On the studio, you can add default values on these required fields. The advantage of this is you won't have to enter your credentials every time and you can send SMS straight away. Or you can leave them blank on the studio and have them filled out on Live app.
Not able to send SMS successfully? Kindly check the following:
- Check your connection. It should be using your ClickSend's username and API key.
- No balance on the account. To check and top up, visit our Billing page here.
- Can I send messages from Business name?
- Yes except on the countries we do not support. Find here which countries we support sending business name with.
- We can only support 11 character business name without space.
- How to add business name as the sender of my messages?
- You'd have to add values on the sender number either on studio or on Live app.
- Do you support replies?
- Yes we do for our shared and dedicated numbers except for Business name and personal phone number.
- Get initial inbound messages with dedicated numbers. You may purchase from here.
- Where can I monitor replies?
- On ClickSend dashboard. You'd go to SMS > and then History.