Albato - Send Automated SMS
With Albato, you can trigger any cloud app actions via ClickSend inbound SMS trigger and send automated SMS messages, making the process more efficient and convenient.
What you need
- ClickSend API credentials. Get them by creating a ClickSend account here.
- A standard Albato subscription to use automation. See Albato pricing here.
Authenticate the ClickSend app by entering your API credentials. You can copy your API credentials from here.
Setup Inbound SMS Trigger
It’s easy to set up the integration. Just use the low code step-by-step guide below.
- Open Albato and create a new automation. Look for ClickSend cloud app [image]
- Select inbound SMS trigger - This triggers when an inbound SMS is received in ClickSend. A data will be returned that you can use to map to the action of your automation. [image]
Setup Send SMS Action
To send automated text messages, you'll need to set up an SMS action on your automation flow:
- Add an action and look for ClickSend SMS cloud app
- You can dynamically map data from the trigger app when filling up the Send SMS action fields. Note: Only international format is accepted when sending outside of the country.
- The message only allows 1,2224 character equivalent to 8 part message. You can dynamically add values from the trigger app to make the message more personalise.
If you’re having problems, please check the following:
- Check your Authentication. It should be using your ClickSend's username and API key not your ClickSend password.
- Make sure you have a dedicated number to allow inbound messages all the time.
- Can I receive inbound messages worldwide?
- Not all country supports inbound messages. Please check which countries allow 2 way messaging here.
- If alpha tags are used for outbound messaging, it will not support inbound text messages.
- Can I use shared numbers for receiving inbound SMS?
- Shared numbers are shared across to ClickSend users. We recommend the use of dedicated number. You can purchase a dedicated number here.