- Alpha sender ID's are supported and require pre-registration
- Dedicated long codes are available on the dashboard
- Generic numeric sender ID's will be replaced with a generic alpha sender
- Both one-way and two-way traffic is supported
- Two-way traffic requires a dedicated numeric long code
Regulations and Best Practices
- The operators in Ukraine classify the SMS traffic under 2 main categories: a) Local/national and b) International based on the sender ID and the content provider.
- The operators are the ones who determine which sender IDs are classified as international local/national
- Spamming or messages with gambling, adult and betting content are not allowed.
Alphanumeric senders that match the following descriptions are considered** International**:
contain names of:
- international companies except of those that are registered by a person who is resident of Ukraine
- electronic payment systems (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, etc.)
- electronic wallets (e.g. WebMoney, Qiwi Wallet etc.)
- electronic payments processing platforms (e.g. PayPal, etc.)
- social media, networks (e.g. facebook, vkontakte, odnoklassniki, twitter, instagram, fotostrana, etc.)
- OTT applications (e.g. Skype, Viber, WhatsApp, etc.)
- online games services (e.g. World of Tanks, Gameserver, mobitva.com, etc.)
- foreign online booking services (e.g. Booking, AirBnB, etc.)
- foreign banks and airlines (e.g. Arab Bank, AirBaltic, etc.)
- numeric senders, except of those previously agreed with the Operators
- contains web-addresses that do not belong to Ukrainian domain zone (ua), except of cases when such web-address registered by a person who is resident of Ukraine
- contains of characters, letters, numbers of which the combination of those makes impossible identification of customer/brand
- alphanumeric generic senders “SMS” and “Info” in any combination
- contains names of foreign mobile operators
- alphanumeric IDs that contain names of third-party’s bulk SMS services (e.g. SMS-fly, TurboSMS, LetsAds, ePochta SMS, etc.).
*It is also prohibited to send:
SMS that may be deemed illegal in any applicable jurisdiction, such as (but not limited to) messages containing contents (i) derogating or distorting a nation or race or of derogatory or distorting nature of any kind, e.g., based on a person’s sex, sexual orientation, race or nation; AND/OR (ii) of pornographic, indecent, immoral or otherwise offensive nature; AND/OR (iii) of defamatory or libelous or slanderous nature; AND/OR (iv) of fraudulent nature of any kind; AND/OR (v) promoting criminal activities of any kind; AND/OR (vi) promoting ethnic or religious hostility or intolerance; AND/OR promoting violence, political unrest or war; AND/OR (vii) endangering national or international security, national integrity or the constitutional order of any country.
Furthermore, Sending Party shall ensure that when using the Services all SMS sent through the SMS Platform of Transiting Party shall comply with local laws and regulations applicable in the jurisdiction of the relevant User (e.g., such as Ukraine where SMS Messages may not have any religious and/or political content etc.).
Allowed sending time for marketing programs: Marketing traffic should be sent only during sociable hours (9 am - 9 pm) local time
Ukraine calls on all telecom operators in their respective countries to refrain from routing outgoing and incoming traffic to the occupied part of the territory of Ukraine – the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol (hereinafter “Crimea”) . Please note that the National Destination Codes "365" "978" and "869" assigned by the Russian Federation with the country code "+7",and under the international mobile country identification code “ 250” (MCC) identification codes (MNC): 32; 33; 34; 60 are not part of the Ukraine networks.