Zoho CRM Troubleshooting
'No Permission' Error
If you are receiving 'No Permission' when attempting to send an SMS, ask your admin user to enable permission on your account. To do this they will need to
- Navigate to the ClickSend plugin settings here https://crm.zoho.com/crm/org686874686/settings/extensions/all
- Select 'Change Permission' and 'Manage Profile'.
- Update settings to both admin and standard user.
The ClickSend plugin will require 'Manage Automation' to be enabled in the Admin Level settings
Tag Discrepancy Error
The error is "
Sorry, there is a tag discrepancy in the function. The related list cannot be displayed." It shows under ClickSend SMS table where SMS history supposed to reflect per mobile number.
This error is due to the phone number (of the contact or lead within CRM) has no SMS history yet in ClickSend. Once the phone number received an outbound SMS from CRM, SMS history will populate on the ClickSend SMS table and that error disappears.
You may ask the user to do the following:
- Go to `Contacts` module
- Create a contact. Phone number must be in international format. Example: +140555555553.
- Then Save and Send SMS through ClickSend.
- After a successful send, refresh Contacts module page and check the ClickSend SMS table at the bottom - a record of outbound SMS reflected there instead of tag discrepancy error.
When you have this error on the ClickSend SMS modal, the outputs are,
- you cannot send SMS
- cannot fetch dedicated numbers on your account
- not able to see SMS conversations or the outbounds and inbounds texts
- not able to fetch SMS templates
To solve the System Error issue, ask the user to check their entered API credentials. Entered credentials in the CRM has to be matched on their ClickSend account, if not, they will continue to experience this error.
If the error still persist even after updating correct API credentials, let us know and we'll check. This maybe an outage from Zoho CRM platform that spikes at sometime and then leaves.
Zoho CRM Workflow
Are you not able to send SMS from workflows? Please try these steps:
- Try using GET method instead of POST.
- If your parameter value is 'Phone' the number must be in the Phone field.You can use Mobile or Phone fields as long as there is a valid phone number there.
- On your Webhook under URL Parameters > Standard Format, update the parameter name 'to'
Do you support Zoho CRM Mobile App?
Does ClickSend SMS extension support Zoho CRM Mobile app? - No. the ClickSend SMS extension only supports the Zoho CRM web app and not the mobile app at the moment.
Not getting notifications of incoming SMS in Zoho CRM?
To enable ClickSend SMS notifications on your CRM, go to
Signals > and then scroll down to see
ClickSend SMS service.
Enable by ticking the box aligned to it and then
With that being turned on, you can receive notifications every time there's an inbound and outbound SMS from your CRM.
Outbound and inbound notifications
If notifications does not appear even after enabling the ClickSend SMS signal, kindly follow these steps:
- Go to messaging settings.
- Look for Zoho's inbound rule and delete.
- Now go back to your Zoho CRM and you should be able to receive signal notifications when you send and receive SMS.
Get notifications via email by following these steps:
- Go to message settings
- Add new rule
- Dedicated number should be any, so you would get notified of incoming sms to all of your numbers. Or you can pick one dedicated number you use in the CRM
- Action is 'Email_Fixed'
- Add your email address
- Enable the rule and save
With that set up, you'll get notifications of incoming SMS to your email.
Invalid Sender ID
If you are seeing this error, kindly do the steps:
- go to your message setting: https://dashboard.clicksend.com/messaging-settings/sms/inbound-sms
- delete all rules with names "inbound SMS subscription"
- uninstall the ClickSend SMS extension (on Zoho CRM platform, go to Settings > Marketplace > All > Installed > uninstall ClickSend SMS extension
- reinstall the ClickSend SMS extension (Add your API credentials correctly)
- test sending SMS from Leads or Contacts Module