General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR, or General Data Privacy Regulation, will come into force in May of 2018 and requires organizations to maintain a plan to detect a data breach, regularly evaluate the effectiveness of security practices, and document evidence of compliance.
The core requirement as far as ClickSend is concerned is how and where we store client data.
We are GDPR compliant.
- Server Location: All data for our EU clients is stored on a server in the EU, this may be: Frankfurt, Dublin or London.
- Server Security: We manage a network of Amazon Web Servers that are maintained by our internal IT team. We ensure all servers are secure and carry out regular security test and updates.
- Server Access: This is restricted to ClickSend IT staff only.
- Data Access: You the client can access the data via our dashboard. In addition, support staff can access some of the data in order to be able to support you efficiently. Support staff do not have full access to all data, which is why they may guide you to make changes yourself rather than making them for you.
So for your GDPR compliance, you can be sure that our part in your system is fully compliant.
Here are some useful links on GDPR:
- Official ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation
- Wired: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/what-is-gdpr-uk-eu-legislation-compliance-summary-fines-2018
We have a standard agreement we can send through if required.
If you have any further questions please get in contact with us.