How to send and receive SMS online
To send and receive SMS online, is just like when you send it on a phone.
On the ClickSend dashboard you can send and receive an SMS; simply follow these steps:
- Go to the SMS tab on the left hand side of the dashboard.
- You can choose to send a quick SMS or an SMS campaign.
- Sending a quick SMS, select your recipient, you can enter in their name if they are already in your contacts or just enter their mobile number.
- Select which number you want the message to come from eg. a shared number, your personal mobile number, a dedicated number or a business name please note you cannot receive replies to a business name.
- Add any placeholders that you which eg. (First name) (Last name)
- Type your message
- If you are sending marketing messages, it is your responsibility to ensure that users are able to opt-out of receiving future messages. Failing to provide this, is against our policies as well as local and international spam laws. The user will be automatically moved to your opt-out list.
To get started, you can sign up for a free ClickSend account here: https://www.clicksend.com/signup