Post letter template
When using PDFs with ClickSend, you will need to make sure:
- All your fonts are embedded.
- The PDF is PDF/A compliant.
- The PDF should be flattened.
- The file should be in A4 paper size.
- All pages should be in portrait orientation.
Failure to adhere to these specifications may result in the letter being cancelled or charged at a higher rate for us to adjust the document.
Letter Template Options
We automatically stamp the recipient address onto the letter. It's important that you don't have content in that area or we will stamp over it. If you prefer, we can insert a blank page at the front of the letter that we stamp with the address.
There are 2 options for sending mail using our Post system:
Option 1: Use Our Template
Download our Letter Template - This template is just a guide to show which parts of the page you can and can't use. You should start from a blank sheet (don't put your content on top of our template).
To specify that you're using our template:
- If you're sending via the dashboard: choose template used -> yes.
- If you're sending via the Printer Driver: check the 'template used' checkbox.
- If you're sending via the API: use the 'template_used'=1 parameter in the API request.
Option 2: Don't use our template
If you don't want to use our template, this is ok. This means you can fill up the whole page as much as you like. We'll automatically add a blank page at the front with the recipients address.
To specify that you're not using our template:
- If you're sending via the dashboard: choose template used -> no.
- If you're sending via the Printer Driver: uncheck the 'template used' checkbox.
- If you're sending via the API: use the 'template_used'=0 parameter in the API request.
- For small letters (4 pages simplex / 8 pages duplex) we use DLX (tri-fold windowed envelope).
- For large letters (5+ pages simplex / 9+ pages duplex) we use C4 (flat windowed envelope with no folds).
Currently in Europe we're using a C5 envelope for small letters (single fold) with the address printed on the front.