Connect ClickSend to Salesforce using Automate.io
Before setting up the integration, you need an Automate.io account. If you don’t have one, click here to create an Automate.io account.
Now let’s set up the integration. We’re going to do it for a popular use case: Sending an SMS to a Contact in ClickSend on a New Lead in Salesforce. This will allow you to send instant notifications to your leads as soon as they are added to your Salesforce account.
1. Login to Automate.io
- Login to your Automate.io account and then click on the ‘Create a Bot’ button.
- Name your Bot ‘Salesforce to ClickSend’. A Bot is an automated workflow in Automate.io.
2. Connect the Trigger app - Salesforce
- Select Salesforce as your Trigger app. The Trigger app is the app that starts the automation.
- Name the app and select ‘Production’ from the Environment drop-down.
- Enter your Salesforce login details and hit ‘Save’. You have now connected Salesforce to Automate.io.
3. Select the Trigger
- Select the Trigger as New Lead from the drop-down. This will show all of the Lead’s details.
4. Connect the Action app - ClickSend
- Select ClickSend as your Action app. The Action app is the app that performs the desired operation in the Bot.
- Name the app and click the ‘Authorize’ button.
- Enter your ClickSend ‘Username’ and ‘API Key’ and hit ‘Save’. Your ClickSend account is now connected to Automate.io.
5. Select the Action
- Now, select the action ‘Send an SMS to a contact’ from the drop-down list.
- In ClickSend’s Input fields, under ‘To’, enter the phone number where you want to send the SMS.
- Under ‘Message Body’, type in your message.
- You can even personalize it by using the other fields available in Salesforce’s Input fields.
6. Test and run the Bot
- Click ‘Save’ on the top-right and turn on the Bot.
- You will see two options to test your Bot. Perform the test using one of the options.
That’s all! Your Bot will now automatically send an SMS via ClickSend for every new Salesforce lead.
This is just one of the ways you can create smart workflows using Automate.io. To see more such workflows, check out Automate.io’s ClickSend and Salesforce integration page.